Sunday, May 4, 2008

Radiant Gem Jewelry, new beginnings



Welcome to my first blog. This is a new beginning, I have been working on a web site but have encountered a few problems. Mainly, I don't know what I'm doing with it, nor have the time to sit in front of it all day. So this is the next best thing to get on the web and stay in touch with all the wonderful artists I have been meeting lately.Here is a picture of the 3 beads I made last night after taking a clay bead class from Mary Harding. My beads are glass of course, but the class was great and I came home to my studio all excited to keep on creating. Isn't the fellowship of other artists wonderful. I thank her immensely, it is exciting to be learning from such a wonderful artist. Back to the beads, they are made from COE 104, Canyon de Chelly, with dichroic glass on top. The color is a little mystifying,it looks shimmery gray/silver unmelted but is a darker gray when done. The dichroic glass leaves a copper color on the outside. Much different to the colors I am known for, I like how it turned out. As I said this is the beginning, I will add the middle as I have time, and may the ending of this journey never end. I hope you enjoy , stay in touch by emailing Radiantgem7@yahoo.com , and please be patient, I am new to this.